The A-XPOL Directional MIMO Antenna is Poynting’s third generation “V3” of the very popular Cross-Polarized (XPOL), cellular band, 2X2 MIMO antenna. The antenna enclosure effectively looks the same as the second generation “V2” but has been completely redesigned on the inside.
Poynting has used advanced metamaterial technology, making use of Artificial Magnetic Conductors (AMC) and new registered/patent pending radiator configuration, which is proving to yield exceptional improvements in bandwidth and gain. Radiation patterns of this antenna are exceptionally well controlled, further adding to the performance of the antenna.
The A-XPOL directional MIMO antenna includes the 617 to 894 MHz band and the newer 3400 - 3800 MHz bands, which were not previously covered by the V2 model and is suitable for 2G, 3G, 4G & 5G. This antenna performs exceptionally well in the following frequency bands: 617 – 894 MHz, 1710 – 2170 MHz, 2300 – 2700 MHz & 3400 – 3800 MHz. In addition to the new bands, the gain in the 1700 MHz and 2.7 GHz is around 3 dB higher than the “V2” over the same frequency bands.
- 2-3dB higher gain over all the bands compared to “V2”
- Includes 617 to 894 MHz for US applications
- New 3400 to 3800 MHz, 5G band with 11dBi gain
- Consistent broadband performance
- X-Polarized 2X2 MIMO Antenna
- Wall or pole mountable
- Lightweight & Rugged
- Weatherproof & waterproof (IP65)
- High pattern consistency across bands for 4G/5G carrier aggregation
- Antenna: A-XPOL-0002-V3
- Mounting bracket: Z-shaped mounting bracket
Electrical Specifications - Cellular
- Frequency bands: 617-894 MHz 1710-2700 MHz 3400-3800 MHz
- Gain (max) Port 1 & 2: 9 dBi @ 617-894 MHz 10 dBi @ 1710-2700 MHz 11 dBi @ 3400-3800 MHz
- VSWR Port 1 & 2: ≤1.5.1 over 90% of the band
- Feed power handling: 20 W
- Input impedance: 50 Ohm (nominal)
- Polarization: ±45°
- Coax cable loss: 0.362 dB/m @ 900 MHz 0.514 dB/m @ 1800 MHz 0.533 dB/m @ 2400 MHz 0.603 dB/m @ 3000 MHz
- DC Short: Path to ground