IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a 15-17-digit code that is given to every cellular modem. This number is used by service providers to uniquely identify valid devices. Think of an IMEI number like a serial number, but for a cellular modem.
Your IMEI number is used by your carrier to activate your data plan and check for compatibility.
If you are purchasing a data plan from us, we will need you to enter your router's IMEI number before adding a standalone data plan to your cart. Without your IMEI number, we will not be able to activate your data plan.
How to Find Your Pepwave IMEI Number
1. If you still have the retail box, look for your IMEI number on the sticker on the outside of the retail box.
2. You can also find your IMEI at your router's IP address. For our Pepwave routers, follow these steps to find your IMEI:
- Login to Pepwave wifi network
- Windows Computer: “Click on the wifi icon on the bottom right of your computer screen, choose your Pepwave network from the list of available wifi networks”
- Mac Computer: “Click on the wifi icon in the top right of your computer screen, choose your Pepwave network from the list of available wifi networks”
- iPhone/iPad: “Open your settings app, tap WiFi, choose your Pepwave network from the list of available wifi networks”
- Android Phone/Tablet: “Swipe down from the top of the screen, tap the wifi icon, choose your Pepwave network from the list of available wifi networks”
- Login to the Pepwave Dashboard at the IP address
- Your device must be connected to the Pepwave wifi network in order to access the dashboard
- Once connected, open your web browser and enter the following IP address into the URL bar: 192.168.50.1
- Login credentials for new routers and newly reset routers:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
- Find Your IMEI Number
- From your Pepwave Dashboard, find one of your cellular connections.
- Click on the "Details" button
- In the top section, look for "IMEI" on the left, then find the corresponding IMEI numbers to the right
3. If you purchased your Pepwave Router from a Certified Peplink Dealer, then your retailer should have the IMEI on file, along with your order and registration information.
Problems finding your IMEI number? Our 5-Star Support Team is ready to help!
Live Chat with us here on our site, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call at 866.324.7915. Our Support hours are 9:00am-4:30pm Central Time, Monday-Friday.