The Garmin BC 40 works with your compatible Garmin navigator to see behind your vehicle. Your backup camera includes:
* BC 40
* Bracket mount
* Dimensions: WxHxD: 6.3" x 0.9" x 1.0" (15.9 x 2.2 x 2.5 cm)
* Weight: 2.1 oz (58.9 g)
* Waterproof: IPX7
* Battery type: 2 AA (lithium recommended, not included)
* Battery life: Up to 3 months (average use)
* Camera resolution: Up to 720p; 160 degrees
* Frame rate: Up to 15 FPS
* Wireless transmission distance: Up to 26 feet
* Installs quickly and easily by snapping into the included license plate mount.
* Wirelessly pairs with a compatible Wi-Fi enabled Garmin navigator to see the backup camera view on the navigation display.
* Transmits data up to 26’ to provide a wide, clear video image of what’s behind your vehicle.
* Rugged and weatherproof (water-rated to IPX7) to withstand various road conditions.
* Voice commands can initiate the camera view.
* Uses 2 AA batteries; battery life lasts up to 3 months with average use (lithium recommended, sold separately)
The Garmin Backup Cameras require connection to a switched 12-volt power source, such as your vehicle’s reverse lights, and professional installation is recommended.
All Garmin GPS units have a compatible Backup Camera listed in the Features tab. The Garmin 780 is compatible with the Garmin BC40 model.
Yes. Guidance lines provide an approximate visual representation of the vehicle's path when in reverse. To provide the most accurate reference, you must align the guidance lines for each backup camera.You should not use the guidance lines feature if you have not aligned the guidance lines.
Because you are using the Garmin GPS monitor to view the Backup Camera and will not be able to see it unless you stop using the navigation screen, it is not recommended to wire the Garmin Backup Camera to running lights. If you are interested in a Rearview Observation Camera, we recommend the VisionWorks system.