Regardless of your fitness goals, the Epix premium active smartwatch has what you need to help you get there. Understand your body better with 24/7 health monitoring. Keep the adventure going with up to 16 days of battery life in gesture smartwatch mode. Smart notifications keep you connected to what matters. Train your way with built-in sports apps at the wrist. More satellite coverage means more accurate positioning. Navigate confidently with options for TopoActive mapping right on your wrist. Your Garmin Epix Smartwatch includes:
* Epix (Gen 2)
* Display size: 1.3” (33.0 mm) diameter
* Display resolution: 416 x 416 pixels
* Display type: AMOLED (always-on)
* Weight: 76 g (case only: 53 g)
* Water rating: 10 ATM
* Battery life: Up to 16 days (6 days always-on)
* Charging method: Garmin proprietary plug charger
* Memory/history: 16 GB
* DESIGNED FOR YOUR LIFESTYLE: The stunning 1.3” always-on AMOLED display brings your watch to life, even under bright sunlight.
* TOUCHSCREEN AND BUTTONS: Traditional button controls that work in any environment are matched with a responsive new touchscreen interface for quick access to selections and map features.
* BATTERY LIFE: Get up to 16 days of battery life in smartwatch mode and 42 hours in GPS mode.
* PULSE OX: For altitude acclimation or sleep monitoring, a Pulse Ox sensor uses light beams at your wrist to estimate how well your body is absorbing oxygen. (1)
* WRIST-BASED HEART RATE: The watch constantly samples your heart rate and will alert you if it stays too high or too low while you’re at rest. It also helps gauge how hard you work during activities — even while swimming. (2)
* RESPIRATION TRACKING: See how you’re breathing throughout the day, during sleep and during breathwork and yoga activities.
* HEALTH SNAPSHOT™ FEATURE: Log a 2-minute session to record key stats, including heart rate, heart rate variability, Pulse Ox2, respiration and stress. Then generate a report with those stats to share via the Garmin Connect™ app on your compatible smartphone.
* STRESS TRACKING: Heart rate variability is used to calculate your stress level score, so you can see if you’re having a calm, balanced or stressful day.
* SLEEP SCORE AND ADVANCED SLEEP MONITORING: Get a full breakdown of your light, deep and REM sleep stages. View it all on a dedicated widget that includes your sleep score and insights.
* BODY BATTERY™ ENERGY MONITORING: Optimize your body’s energy reserves, using heart rate variability, stress, sleep and other data to gauge when you’re ready to be active or when you may need to rest.
* HYDRATION TRACKING: Log your daily fluid intake as a reminder to stay hydrated. You can even have an auto goal for hydration that adjusts based on how much you sweat during activities.
* SPORTS APPS: Use preloaded activity profiles for trail running, swimming, running, biking, hiking, rowing, skiing, golfing, surfing, indoor climbing and more.
* ANIMATED WORKOUTS: This watch features easy-to-follow, animated cardio, strength, yoga and Pilates workouts you can view on the watch screen. Choose from preloaded animated workouts, or download more from the Garmin Connect™ online community when paired with your compatible device.
* HIIT WORKOUTS: Use this activity profile with different timers to track your HIIT workouts, including AMRAP, EMOM, Tabata and custom. Set the number of rounds, work/rest intervals and more.
* GARMIN COACH: These free adaptive training plans feature guidance from expert coaches and adapt to you and your goals. Workouts sync right to your watch from Garmin Connect.
* VISUAL RACE PREDICTOR: Based on your running history and overall fitness level, this feature provides an estimate of what your pace could be for the distance you want to run. Trend data shows how your training is having an impact over time.
* PACEPRO™ TECHNOLOGY: A first-of-its-kind PacePro feature helps keep you on pace with grade-adjusted guidance as you run a course.
* VO2 MAX: Train smarter with VO2 max, an indicator of how you can expect to perform. It adjusts for trail running and accounts for changes in performance that could be caused by heat or altitude.
* PERFORMANCE METRICS: View advanced training metrics that include estimates for running dynamics, VO2 max, recovery advisor and more.
* REAL-TIME STAMINA: Use this real-time stamina data to track and manage your exertion — and help avoid overexerting at the start of your run or bike.
* DAILY WORKOUT SUGGESTIONS: For training guidance that takes you and your fitness level into account, get daily run and ride recommendations based on your current training load and training status.
* RECOVERY TIME: After each workout, recovery time lets you know when you’ll be ready for another hard workout. It even accounts for training intensity and factors such as stress, daily activity and sleep.
* MTB DYNAMICS: Track the details of every ride with mountain biking metrics plus specialized Grit™ and Flow™ measurements that rate trail difficulty and how smoothly you descend, giving you a score to beat next time.
* BACKCOUNTRY SKI: Stay informed when you’re in the snow. This preloaded profile helps distinguish between skiing and climbing. It shows metrics specific to either ascent or descent.
* XC SKI DYNAMICS: When paired with the HRM-Pro™ chest strap (sold separately), the ski power metric helps measure the actual exercise load of your cross-country workouts.
* SURF-READY FEATURES: This watch works with the Surfline® widget to give you tides, wave height, wind and surf rating for the five nearest locations and also works with the Surfline Sessions™ app to create videos of every wave you ride in front of a Surfline camera.
* MULTI-BAND GNSS SUPPORT: Access multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo). With the Sapphire editions, get access to multiple frequencies sent by navigation satellites for improved position accuracy in areas where GNSS signals are reflected, weak or typically don't penetrate.
* ABC SENSORS: Navigate your next trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and 3-axis electronic compass.
* ACCLIMATION: This widget shows your current elevation, acclimated elevation and correlated Pulse Ox2, heart rate3 and respiration rate, so you can see how you’re holding up to the current elevation.
* CLIMBPRO FEATURE: Use the ClimbPro ascent planner to see real-time information on your current and upcoming climbs, including gradient, distance and elevation gain — as well as descents and flats.
* MULTI-CONTINENT TOPO MAPS: Download TopoActive maps via Wi-Fi® connectivity from around the world — or get your local region preloaded on the Sapphire edition watch — to keep your explorations on track. View terrain contours, elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes and other geographical features.
* SKI MAPS: Hit the slopes with preloaded topographical maps and use SkiView™ maps to view run names and difficulty ratings for more than 2,000 ski resorts worldwide.
* GOLF COURSES: Access full-color CourseView maps for more than 42,000 golf courses around the world, and get touch targeting and the PlaysLike Distance feature.
* ROUND-TRIP ROUTING: Enter a distance you want to travel, and get suggested routes that will bring you back to your starting point. Trendline™ popularity routing helps you find the best local paths.
* TURN-BY-TURN NAVIGATION: Follow a route or course with help from turn-by-turn directions, which let you know ahead of time when the next turn is coming.
* SMART NOTIFICATIONS: Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch when paired with your compatible smartphone.
* MUSIC APPS: Download songs plus playlists from your Spotify, Deezer or Amazon Music accounts (subscription may be required). Use your wireless headphones for phone-free listening.
* GARMIN PAY™ CONTACTLESS PAYMENTS: Breeze through checkout lines with Garmin Pay contactless payments through participating providers.
* SAFETY AND TRACKING FEATURES: When your watch and phone are paired, your live location can be sent to your contacts manually or — during select outdoor activities — automatically with built-in incident detection4.
* CONNECT IQ™ STORE: Download custom watch faces, add data fields, and get apps and widgets from the Connect IQ Store when paired with your compatible device.
View how various settings and sensors impact your watch’s battery life, so you can make battery-extending changes on the fly.